Hope at Miracle House
Program Director Job Description
Hope at Miracle House is a cold weather family shelter that provides information, resources, and a short term safe place to stay while developing skills needed to move forward self-sufficiently.
The Program Director for Hope at Miracle House will be responsible for the day to day operations of Hope at Miracle House. The Director will also assume other lead responsibilities as program needs arise. This position is a seasonal position effective from October 1 – March 31. Applicants must be 21 or older.
• Oversees all intake and discharge procedures, including developing a set schedule to conduct these procedures
• Explains program requirements and regulations to new guests during the intake process
• Ensures guest compliance of all regulations
• Follows policies and guidelines when guests are in noncompliance
• Completes a written Incident Report Form whenever addressing violations or concerns with guests
• Notifies the Board of Directors of any Incident Reports
• Coordinates room assignments and other daily routines
• Ensures housekeeping and other maintenance tasks are completed
• Maintains a working knowledge of fire, safety, and health standards to ensure Miracle House is in compliance with local and state regulations covering health, safety and capacity requirements
• Covers the Shift Monitor’s nightly check-in twice a week
• Communicates with the Shift Monitor on a regular basis about guest questions and/or concerns
• Oversees any monthly food acquisition and necessary supplies
• Completes other tasks as requested by the Board of Directors
• Does not supervise the Shift Monitor
• Is responsible for conducting training of Shift Monitors as needed
• Will work with Board President to establish a bi-monthly work schedule
• Will attend monthly board meetings.
• Will participate in community outreach events such as United Way events, Colorado Nonprofit Association trainings and events, Chamber of Commerce events, Ft. Lupton Community events, etc.
Education and Experience Preferred
• Associates Degree in Non-Profit or a related field
• Prior homeless shelter or non-profit experience
Job Skills Requirements
• Ability to assist guests in a compassionate manner
• Teamwork skills
• Organizational skills
• Oral and written communication skills (A writing sample will be requested as part of the hiring process)
• Must be proficient with or willing to become proficient with Microsoft Office programs
Must have or be willing to obtain within 30 days:
• CPR Certification
• First Aid Certification
• Submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
• Lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Stand, walk, bend, stoop, and sit frequently
Hours and Wages
• 30 hours per week for 26 weeks
• $17 per hour
All interested applicants please send your resume to email@example.com or mail it to Hope at Miracle House, PO Box 762, Fort Lupton, Colorado 80621. This posting will close on July 6 or until filled.