Hope at Miracle House
Shift Monitor Job Description
Hope at Miracle House is a cold weather family shelter that provides information, resources, and a short term safe place to stay while developing skills needed to move forward self-sufficiently.
The Shift Monitor for Hope at Miracle House is a vital position in carrying out our Mission of addressing the needs of homeless families by overseeing the nightly guest check-in. This position is a seasonal position effective from October 1 – March 31. Applicants must be 21 or older.
• Conducts nightly check-in including administration of the breathalyzer
• Responds to any guest questions/concerns
• Communicates any guest concerns with the Program Director
• Checks cameras to ensure everything is working
• Reviews the tapes from the previous day
• Maintains a working knowledge of fire, safety, and health standards to ensure Miracle House is in compliance with local and state regulations covering health, safety and capacity requirements
• Completes a nightly safety check of the house
• Completes any maintenance tasks agreed upon with the Program Director and/or the Board of Directors
• Ensures any necessary housekeeping tasks are completed
• Completes a nightly shift log
• Will participate in community outreach events such as United Way events, Colorado Nonprofit Association trainings and events, Chamber of Commerce events, Ft. Lupton Community events, etc.
Job Skills Requirements
• Ability to assist guests in a compassionate manner
• Teamwork skills
• Organizational skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Must have or be willing to obtain within 30 days:
o CPR Certification
o First Aid Certification
• Submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test
• Lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Stand, walk, bend, stoop, and sit frequently
Hours and Wages
• 3 hours per night/ 5 nights per week
• $12 per hour
All interested applicants please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Hope at Miracle House, PO Box 762, Fort Lupton, Colorado 80621. This posting will close on July 6 or until filled.