Hope @ Miracle House Committee 2014 annual report
2014 was a very productive year for Hope @ Miracle House. After many meeting (sometimes 3 a month) our list of accomplishments is as follows, not necessarily in order:
1. Mission statement completed
2. Resource book completed
3. Decision to have emergency safe shelter for 2 families
4. Fort Lupton United Methodist Church trustees approved our plan to use
the Miracle house as an emergency shelter, 24/7 from 6 pm until 7 am.
5. Site plan for homeless approved by neighbors
6. Hope @ Miracle House Committee official name of committee.
7. Police and Procedures written: policies for guest, volunteers, overnight
host, etc., procedures for intake, case management, dinner and breakfast,
behavior and rules for staying at the shelter, length of time, etc.
8. Articles of conflict of interest policy written, discrimination policy written.
9. Our first donation of $3.00 from a little boy who heard about our dream.
10. Adventures in Christian Living donated $800. For storage shed built and delivered by the High School Shop Class.
11. City of Fort Lupton donated 2 computers
12. Received our Federal tax designation.
13. Received out State of Colorado tax exempt number
14. Received our articles of Good Standing.
15. Articles of Incorporation written and approved.
16. By-Laws written
17. Board of directors formed
18. Post Office Box purchased
19. Bank account acquired
20. Joined HMIS network (Homeless Management Information System).
21. Have our own Webb Site and Face Book address. Hope at Miracle House
22. Site plan approved by neighbors,submitted to city.
23. Donation of $10,000 from Cross Roads Church
24. Club $75 started
25. Pamphlet designed
26. Rebuild upstairs at Miracle House to include 2 separate bedrooms.
27. Presented our program to Ministerial Alliance.
28. Presented our program to Fort Lupton Chamber of Commence
29. Two hot box’s donated
30. Fire sprinkler system installed.
31. City electrical inspection passed.
32. Parking lot upgraded.
33. Blinds donated by Hunter Douglas
34. Fort Lupton Community Foundation donated $2.000.
35. Shower installed in bathroom.
36. Untied Power Grant received for $5,000.
37. Breakfast bags assembled at Seventh Day Advantest and at Crossroads Church by volunteers.
38. Background check on all volunteers.
39. Applied for community impact grant from United Way Weld County.
40. Insurance for one year paid for.
41. Phone purchased
42. $5,000 donated by the America Baptist Church
43. Agreement with police for CBI checks to go through them.
44. Police Department did drug training, donated a breath analyzer to Hope @ Miracle House.
45. Catholic Charities on board for case management.
46. Bank of Colorado donated $2000.00.
47. 8 Quilts donated from Kids Quilts.
48. Open House Dec. 28 2014 attended by over 100 interested persons.
49. $5,000 donated by trucking company.
50. Many donations of needed items from community members and organizations along with cash donations.
51. We started the year with a dream and ended with a reality. Praise God.